Skip to main content
POINT + LINE 





Title : ON THE POINT

In this exercise , I hammered nails on the "points" on the picture that I have taken. In order to avoid the inconvenience of using our fingers to hold the nails, we use small plier to hold the nails as we hammer them down.



Title : OVERTHINKING

For this piece, I sew through the modelling board with a needle and thread as we are supposed to sew on the lines that we can see on the picture. The reason I call this "Overthinking" is because that the lines on the picture above are complicated enough, just like how overthinking is. 



Title : STARISH

I hammered the nails on the points I choose on this picture, and used white thread to surround the head of the nail. It is called as "Starish" because the shape formed by the white thread reminds me of the shape of the star. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ozabu

     Ozabu is an artist who draws soft and smooth drawings that are related to Japanese extracts with mechanical pencil. Ozabu's drawings are usually very light and soft. Just like Dimitra Milan, Ozabu's passion for arts was big influence by her parents. However, as a self-taught artist, Ozabu did not use any reference books nor does any research on what the other artists use to draw and such. Instead, Ozabu would see a piece in person and analyze it, teaching herself the technique and trying out different tools until she understands how the piece was created.      I have realized that Ozabu often draws gory drawings, some of them even reminded me of "death" even though her drawings are very beautiful. According to the interview, Ozabu's inspirations often come from her feelings and experiences, and she experienced death of someone important in her life. Therefore, her drawings included some funeral elements as they are gre...

Your Name (君の名は / Kimi no Na wa): trailer

Assignment 1      Our assignment 1 is to watch a movie, do research on it and write about it, then based on the art movements and the story of the movie, create another story thus produce the final video on YouTube. I chose to write Kimi No Na Wa as it was a fantastic Japanese movie that managed to be a hit. Kimi No Na Wa, is a mix of emotions, a fantasy romance film with interesting contents that keep the movie to be refreshing all the way to the end. This movie also contained plot twist that keeps the audience wondering to get the right answer.      Kimi No Na Wa has included few art movements such as post-modernism and dadaism, Post-modernism is a broad movement that involves 20th century like philosophy, architecture, art, and the rest, which is very obvious in this movie. Besides, dadaism is an art movement that shows avant-garde. It could mean plot twist, disagreement between the characters like the heroine(Mistsuha) and her father. Dadaism ...

The Potato [Short Film]

My YouTube video for CTX Final Explanation of short film @  http://liamyw.blogspot.my/2017/02/the-potato-storyline-for-ctx-final.html Old Storyline and Storyboard @  http://liamyw.blogspot.my/2016/11/